New tool based on KeepFocused

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Dear Friends,

I'm a keen user of "KeepFocused" for about 1 year. With it I managed my work time very well. I really appreciated this small tool.

However I find I need some more features, e.g. long break support, session management, system tray icon, start with windows, etc.

I also find some of you have requested some features but it seems the original developers don't have time to implement them.

This is really sad. I also tried several time email to the developer to request joining this project as contributor.

So far I get no response. As I'm a software developer myself I decided to implement requested features by myself and maybe you.

Today I setup a new project called "KeepFocusedPlus" and plan to add features one by one. You can reach the project here:

http://keepfocusedplus.codeplex.com/

Hope you will enjoy the new tool (after I released it, of course). If you have any idea or suggestions please be kind to let me know.

At this moment I'm working on supporting "long breaks" as this feature is top 1 for me. :)

Cheers,

Bruce

Jan 20, 2012 at 3:29 PM
Dear Bruce,

Thank you very much for being interested and liking the KeepFocused. I am sorry I could not reply to your previous mail. This was a long week for me.

Bruce, My idea was to keep the KeepFocused simple since most of the users like this tool for it's simplicity. However, I thought about the advanced users like you.

I would like to suggest that we can have advanced features like long breaks etc. and make them optional and configurable. On the face, the tool will remain simple but advanced users can configure it as per their need.

I would like to suggest that you can implement the features you like in the KeepFocused code base and we will integrate it into the next release. KeepFocused is still in alpha so after integrating we can release it as Beta. In my opinion, this is a good idea than creating a parallel tool. However, your thoughts are welcome.

If you like, I can add you into the project as a developer. This way you can contribute into the mainstream code.

Kindly let me know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Yanesh Tyagi

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM, brucejia <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dear Friends,

I'm a keen user of "KeepFocused" for about 1 year. With it I managed my work time very well. I really appreciated this small tool.

However I find I need some more features, e.g. long break support, session management, system tray icon, start with windows, etc.

I also find some of you have requested some features but it seems the original developers don't have time to implement them.

This is really sad. I also tried several time email to the developer to request joining this project as contributor.

So far I get no response. As I'm a software developer myself I decided to implement requested features by myself and maybe you.

Today I setup a new project called "KeepFocusedPlus" and plan to add features one by one. You can reach the project here:

http://keepfocusedplus.codeplex.com/

Hope you will enjoy the new tool (after I released it, of course). If you have any idea or suggestions please be kind to let me know.

At this moment I'm working on supporting "long breaks" as this feature is top 1 for me. :)

Cheers,

Bruce

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (keepfocused@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email keepfocused@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Marked as answer by yaneshtyagi on 4/1/2014 at 7:10 PM