Add sound option?

Dec 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I have used a few pomodoro timers, and think this one has great promise as a simple, clean timer.  But I also like the option to have a sound play, like a clicking clock to keep me focused.  Could that be added as a user option?  Maybe sound on/off and allow them to set the sound file, such as an MP3?

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM

I second this option. I preferred the sound only option in such timers as http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Pomodoro-Timer-Clock-Screenshot-168455.html. It'd be nice to have an option to not show the message box and just do a sound (or both).

Oct 26, 2011 at 8:47 PM

I added that in one of the releases, let me know if you need that.

Apr 2, 2014 at 3:16 AM
The current release 1.0 Alpha has sound option. You can switch on/off sound and change the sound file as well. Thanks to the contributors.
Marked as answer by yaneshtyagi on 4/1/2014 at 7:16 PM
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Where is the current release? I am still seeing old release. I may not understand CodePlex – I added several changes a couple of years ago and never saw them published or merged.
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Howard21, the current release is not marked as default. That is why you still see the 0.3.1 release. However you can download the latest release from the 'Other Downloads' box on the right side under downloads tab.

I thanks for your contribution and will have a look why your changes has not been merged. I was not able to spend time on this project because of some other pressing engagements at work. Now, I'll go through each patch and see if it can be applied.
Apr 2, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Thanks Yaneshtyagi! I think the sound change is one I submitted, and a preferences window to set the sound and file locations, etc.
Apr 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Howardd21, I appreciate your contribution. Hope to more valuable contributions like this.